Current Premier Cru members: CLICK HERE to access the Premier Cru Hub.
As a Producer, you know how important it is to continuously develop your relationships with theatre companies, writers, directors, and of course, other producers — whether you’re looking to discover exciting new playwrights, to build a team for your projects, to support a company and its artists, or to play a role in the commercial transfer of a brilliant new production.
So much of what we do as producers comes from being part of a community, and one of the best things about The Vineyard is the remarkable community of artists, staff, supporters, and producing partners the theatre has built. We want extraordinary producers and theatre-makers to have special access to what is happening here, and to experience all The Vineyard has to offer.
The PREMIER CRU is an exclusive Vineyard membership, specifically for Producers.
Premier Cru memberships include:
- A ticket to every mainstage production
- Access to all of our readings, workshops, and special events, including some exclusive invitations to check out what we’re developing behind closed doors — plays and musicals which often go on to full production on our stage or at other theatres in New York and around the country
- Invitations to Premier Cru Night — parties just for the Premier Cru during every mainstage production giving you the opportunity to meet, mingle, and develop your own relationships
- Access to a one-on-one script consultation with The Vineyard’s Literary Department. Cru members get the exclusive opportunity to have plays read during the season, and receive thorough and thoughtful feedback. Reading the work and offering feedback does not guarantee further development at The Vineyard, of course, but we hope this opportunity will further enhance your work, and your developing relationship with our organization. Consultations are available only to Premier Cru members for a fee of $500.
- Concessions vouchers for you and your guest, every time you attend a mainstage production
- Access to the Premier Cru Hub, a members-only online portal with resources created just for the Cru! The Hub includes: Cru Contact Sheet, Calendar of Events, the ability to RSVP for Events and to Submit your own to the calendar, the Resource Library, the Call Board, and more!
- Discount rental rates on our theater, lobby, or rehearsal studio
- Invitations from fellow Producers will be shared, giving you special access to industry readings, performances, special events, and discount tickets
- The opportunity to sponsor performances: Bring a group of 12 or more people to a specific performance of your choice and The Vineyard will display signs in the lobby and inserts in the program announcing that that performance is sponsored by you or your company. Everyone in your group will be guaranteed House Seats, and will receive a voucher for a complimentary drink at our concessions bar. You also have the option to upgrade your sponsored performance; if you choose to book Premium Seats for a group of 24 or more, we will provide a private reception in the lobby before the show with complimentary wine and cheese
Being a member of a theatre company is an important thing for a producer — it’s the first way in to developing your relationship with the organization, seeing where the work begins, and meeting the people who create the magic on stage — allowing us all to engage in a way that becomes mutually beneficial for artists, producers, non-profit theatre, and the industry as a whole.
In addition to the above, all Vineyard Theatre memberships include:
- No handling fees for members*
- At least 10 days of priority booking before tickets go on sale to the general public — so you get the best seats in the house
- The ability to purchase up to four guest tickets* at $45 per ticket, per production
- The flexibility to reschedule your tickets for a show, with 24 hours advance notice, once per production at no additional charge
- 25% off Vineyard merchandise and concessions
- Exclusive discounts to neighborhood restaurants
- A subscription to The Grapevine, our members-only email with news, insider information, and special offers
- Exclusive invitations to the Developmental Lab, reading series, REBEL VERSES, and more!
*Guests tickets subject to a $5 handling fee.
We are thrilled to offer this exciting program with and for a unique group of ambitious producers who will continue to pave the way for new work, bold programming, and the support of artists.
If you think the Premier Cru sounds right for you, contact Penn Genthner at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 646-931-4727, to inquire about joining.