The Development Fellowship
Vineyard Theatre is an Off-Broadway theatre with an operating budget of $3 million. Entering its 37th Season, The Vineyard is dedicated to nurturing the voices of daring artists and to developing and producing work that challenges all of us to see ourselves and our world from new perspectives, and which pushes the boundaries of what theatre can be and do.
The Development Fellowship is a 40-hour per week, paid position designed to serve as a bridge between educational and professional settings by providing firsthand experience in contributed revenue generation for an Off-Broadway non-profit theatre.
An integral part of the Development team, the Development Fellow will help the Development department reach its $1.5M fundraising goal. The Fellow will have the opportunity to engage with donors and artists and join professional development seminars and industry networking events.
The Fellow is expected to commit to work June 10, 2019 – June 30, 2020 with a regular schedule Monday-Friday, although occasional work on nights and weekends as necessary will be required. The ideal candidate has at least six months of internship experience working in an office setting, pays close attention to detail, has strong organizational skills, has excellent written and verbal communication, and is a self-motivated worker. Candidates must be able to carry at least 15lbs and navigate stairs comfortably.
As a member of Theatre Communications Group and the Alliance of Resident Theatres/New York, Vineyard Theatre employees enjoy free access to professional development seminars and webinars on a variety of topics, roundtable discussions with peers at other theatres, access to publications and information resources for the theatre field, as well as complimentary tickets to productions at The Vineyard and select performances at our peer theatres.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, the Development Fellow is responsible for:
- Managing two annual online auctions, including tracking donations, building auction items, and awarding prizes
- All aspects of gift processing, acknowledgements, OvationTix database management, gift reporting, and program donor listings
- Maintaining and managing the development calendar
- Working with the Director of Business Affairs to reconcile contributed income each month
- Creating a first draft of select grant proposals
- Individual and institutional prospect research
- Overseeing projects for the Development/Marketing Intern(s)
- Taking minutes and track tasks at departmental meetings and Board meetings
- Leading or assisting on special event preparation, including, Board Salons, Opening Nights, Vineyard Open Houses and the annual Gala.
- Managing donor benefit tracking and fulfillment, including House Seat requests, distribution of concession vouchers and backstage tours.
- Leading the interview process for Spring and Summer interns in the Development department
- Coordinate lobby greeting schedules for the Development department
Candidate should be proficient with MS Office and Google Apps. Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, and experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, specifically OvationTix, are a big plus. Past work experience in any customer service oriented position is valued. A successful applicant will be able to articulate a history of advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion in their work.
Salary base is $32,400 for the full 54-week fellowship. Overtime hours are compensated at time and a half ($22.50/hour). The Development Fellow is offered access to health insurance after a 90-day grace period, covered by the theatre at 50%. Vineyard Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities, transgender or gender non-conforming individuals to apply.
Application Due Date: May 17, 2019
Interview Period: May 21-31, 2019
First Day of Fellowship: June 10, 2019
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com with the subject line: Development Fellow