Graphic Design and Marketing Associate
Vineyard Theatre — the nonprofit Off-Broadway theatre company whose Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning hits include INDECENT, AVENUE Q, HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE and THE SCOTTSBORO BOYS — is seeking a temporary part-time Graphic Design and Marketing Associate to work approximately 30 hours a week on a contract basis from November 27, 2017 – February 2, 2018.
As a member of the Marketing team reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Design and Marketing Associate will be responsible for the timely execution of graphic design and marketing initiatives for Vineyard Theatre, and should be experienced in creating designs in adherence to visual branding identity guidelines. The candidate should excel at designing marketing materials with creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement comprehensive design campaigns that reach existing and new communities with impactful design and branding messages
- Modify and resize existing key art graphics and translate across a wide spectrum of print and digital mediums
- Create and design direct mail pieces, social media assets, programs, posters, outdoor advertising, and digital ads
- Manage, create, and send email campaigns to market stage productions and fundraising efforts
- Manage marketing timelines and coordinate the communication process required to complete advertising initiatives
- Draft marketing copy for email and print collateral
- Update the company’s website and create web graphics for productions and special events
- Support the marketing and advertising efforts of the department
- Assist with social media marketing
- Provide design elements for special events and fundraising efforts of the company
- Manage the production of video assets for the company’s marketing efforts
The ideal candidate must have 2-5 years of graphic design experience in the arts and be a self-starter with an artistic eye and a passion for graphics and typography. The candidate should be a proactive, highly-organized, detail-oriented team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Illustrator), Microsoft Word, and Excel. Video editing (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro), WordPress, MailChimp, and OvationTix experience a plus.
Salary range $600-$750 per week at 30 hours, commensurate with experience. Some office hours will be required but flexible hours and remote work possible. Please email resume, cover letter, and a link to graphic design portfolio to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Vineyard Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. A successful applicant will be able to articulate a history of advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion in their work.