BOX OFFICE MANAGER
Vineyard Theatre—the non-profit Off-Broadway theatre company whose Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning productions include INDECENT, AVENUE Q, HOW I LEARNED TO DRIVE and THREE TALL WOMEN—is seeking a Box Office Manager to join our team. Working closely with the Marketing Department and General Management team, the Box Office Manager will oversee the day-to-day ticketing and Front of House operations for the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Hiring, training, scheduling and overseeing all Box Office Associates, House Managers and Concessions Managers in all Front of House operations.
- Responsible for accurate daily and seasonal Front of House reporting and reconciliation, budgeting and expense tracking, per performance and throughout the season.
- Staying current on best practices for theatre management, including innovative uses of the OvationTix ticketing software, fire guard training and certification, ADA accessibility protocols and laws.
- Providing first-class customer service and de-escalation practices, ensuring that The Vineyard’s members and audiences receive professional, sincere and enjoyable service at all times.
- Building and managing all upcoming events for public purchase and membership reservations in OvationTix.
- Managing performance ticket holds, member rates, discount codes, and all public series information.
- Managing pre show will call operations, and ensure safety procedures are in effect; including all ADA requirements are met.
- Maintaining an accurate database of events, patrons and members, updating and modifying records as necessary.
- Maintaining the front of house displays and overall appearance of the lobby.
- Remaining knowledgeable and accurately informed of all aspects of The Vineyard’s productions, memberships, and special events.
- Collecting and sharing feedback with administrative and production staff about subscriber and ticket buyer concerns, as well as staff needs.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, meetings, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks and cultivating important relationships.
- Assisting with special marketing, development and production projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience, with 1-3 years’ experience working in a box office, with OvationTix, and preferably in the performing arts
- Experience with proper cash handling practices.
- Must have exceptional and personable telephone and customer service skills with the ability to respond to all aspects of ticket sales; i.e. provide information, market programs and events, encourage membership and audience development.
- Must be able to work well under pressure with staff and the public, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and have superb attention to detail.
- Able to take ownership of problematic situations using proper judgment to find possible solutions or alternatives while maintaining positive guest relationships.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, professional and patient manner with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to remain flexible in working duties, adapting to the changing business needs as required.
- Willingness to work evenings (weekends and holidays as required).
- Excellent computer skills required: Windows, Excel, and database management.
- Salary is $32,000 – $35,000 based on experience
- Health Benefits and Vacation Package after 3 months
Interested candidates: please send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Vineyard Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. A successful applicant will be able to articulate a history of advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion in their work.